Friday, September 18, 2009

fun weekend

Esther came to town for a visit this last weekend, and we got to do some fun stuff. In addition to the fun stuff we ran into some interesting and odd things too, two of which I thought I would share.

On Saturday we thought we would go to Old Town Alexandria and check out the Torpedo Factory. We'd never been and heard it was neat, if the chance arises to go there, I recommend it. that place was pretty damn cool.

On the way out of town to go there we knew it was going to be a long day, so we stopped off at the CVS to get some water bottles to take. And the expected customers for a Saturday morning were milling around the store. Only one thing stood out, and I wouldn't have noticed it at all if I hadn't happened to look over at just the right time. There was a little old lady browsing in an aisle who looked for all the world like any middle America grandmother except for one thing. She had no nose. Where her nose had once, presumably, been was a flat spot covered by a triangular band-aid. For just a moment I involuntarily thought of Vincent D'Onofrio's character Pooh-Bear from the Salton Sea, and subsequently of his pet/torture device badger Captain Stubing. Rather an odd juxtaposition for a nameless granny.

I couldn't find a pic of him without the bad prosthesis, sorry

The other encounter happened when we went to a movie one night. We saw District 9, and pretty early on I had to go to the bathroom, and I felt it would be best to get it out of the way before all the crazy action really started in earnest. It just so happened that there was a unisex singlr bathroom right outside our theater that was open. As I approached it, I could see through the slightly open door that someone had already vomited in there. I peeked my head in to see how bad it was, to determine if I could still use it, or would need to look for another. I was shocked to see that not only had someone basically turned their entire alimentary canal inside out, but they had placed the bulk of the detritus as far from the toilet and trash can as possible while still residing in the same room.



In addition to the grotesque landscape was a not unpleasant odor of blueberries or raspberries. So I was able to use the bathroom in relative comfort, even in that state. I went back after the movie to snap these pics and the odor had persisted.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ummmm....thanks, I guess?

Unknown said...

The mystery shitter strikes again!

scientist 1 said...

In new and terrible ways, no less.

Mercury said...

i have the movie.. i can send you a screen shot of his face without the prosthetic...... its is gnarly!