Thursday, June 12, 2008

like a kid again

Last night I went to see the Breeders play at the 9:30 Club. It was a pretty sweet show, and better than the last one I saw where they just sort of split after 20-30 minutes without finishing their set.

I was feeling pretty good, and felt like I was recapturing a bit of my youth when some chick in the vicinities perfume came wafting by. It happened to be a perfume that I must have smelled before, circa 1993-94, when I was really into the breeders and indie chicks. The combo of smell response and loud music (I was a little too close to the speakers) really threw me for a trip, and I felt like it actually was 1993-94 for a minute.

I ended up having a great time and drinking too much, so much so that when I was stumbling out of the house this morning to come in to the lab I dropped my motorcycle while trying to maneuver it out of a tight spot. Now my hangover has slowed my workday to an almost complete halt.

So much for feeling young.

No comments: